Klei Entertainment announced today that Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants will be released for PS4 on July 22 in North America and a day later in Europe. It will be available for $4.99 on PSN and PS+ members will get a 10% launch discount. The DLC adds new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes and other challenges to the base game.
Additionally, all Don’t starve players will receive a new free patch for the base game which includes performance enhancements, bug fixes and a some of the content that was previously only on PC including:
- Added Snow Chester and Shadow Chester
- New in-game text strings & dialogue
- Option to disable Screen Shake.
- Expanded options for World Generation.
- New ability to save custom pre-sets in World Generation screen
- Random character select option when starting a new game.
Read our PS4 review of the Don’t Starve here and check out the full list of Reign of Giants features below:
- New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
- An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
- Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!