The story of Assassin’s Creed Unity and the fixes that have followed its launch continues today with Patch 5, which Ubisoft announced will unlock all chests previously locked off until players engaged with Ubisoft’s two separate companion mobile apps and “Initiates” website. The patch is available today for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will be available on PC tomorrow.
Prior to Patch 5, players needed to use the Initiates website to track in-game progress and earn rewards through completing challenges in order to unlock specific gold chests in the world; as well, players would also need to download Ubisoft’s companion app to Unity to unlock blue chests. If players had not engaged with either system, those chest would remain locked and would display an in-game message to either download the companion app or sign up for the Initiates service to unlock those chests.
As well, the patch includes many fixes for all platforms, but specifically calls out PC as a platform that has seen major work done to improve performance and stability. Check out the full patch notes below:
Stability & performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game & Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues