Developer NetherRealm Studios has announced today full details on the PC patch for Mortal Kombat X.
During yesterday’s Kombat Kast stream on Twitch, MKX creative director Ed Boon revealed that the development team had prepared a new patch to tackle any reoccurring issues found in the PC version.
According to NetherRealm’s post on a Steam thread, the patch is now live for PC users, which coincides with MKX Kombat Pack holders now being able to download Friday the 13th’s Jason Voorhees as a playable fighter.
NetherRealm’s patch notes for Mortal Kombat X are extensive (see at the bottom), with it addressing several problems found in both single-player modes and the online multiplayer.
“We’ve been monitoring the forums and are aware of the issues players are encountering,” NetherRealm explained. “We appreciate the constructive feedback from you, the community.
“We want you to know that there is ongoing support behind the scenes and it’s important to us that Mortal Kombat X is a fun experience for all of our players. We will be posting announcements more frequently to keep you aware of upcoming fixes.”
Mortal Kombat X, the tenth major instalment in the well-known fighting franchise, was released last month on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Despite the title not launching on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 until the summer of 2015 — with High Voltage Software developing the last-gen versions — Ed Boon confirmed last month that Mortal Kombat X is now the biggest launch title in the franchise’s history.
For more on Mortal Kombat X, check out Hardcore Gamer’s review.
Listed below are full details on the latest PC patch for Mortal Kombat X:
- Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
- Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
- A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
- Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
- Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
- Fixed startup crash on high-end systems (those with > 8 cores).
- Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
- Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
- Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
- Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
- The levers in Shao Khan’s Tomb will now activate.
- Shinnok’s Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
- Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
- Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
- Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
- Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
- Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
- D’Vorah’s cape no longer moves when she’s killed.
- Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
- Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
- Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
- After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
- Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
- Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
- Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
- The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
- Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
- Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
- Additional graphical fidelity options:
- General Matchmaking improvements.
- Performance improvements
- Improved online stability
- Multiplayer invite improvements
- Gameplay fixes and balancing
- Various Kombat Kard fixes
- WB Play fixes
- General bug fixes