It’s hard to believe now, but there was a decade that hockey fans had two games to choose from every year. Sadly that came to an unceremonious close at the end of last decade, with NHL 2K11 being released with a whimper on Wii. After four years of radio silence, 2k announced they were reviving the series on mobile devices. After NHL 2K was released last year, 2K is following it up with NHL SuperCard on iOS and Android.
Similar to WWE SuperCard, NHL SuperCard challenges players to build teams comprising current and legendary NHL players, train them to their full potential, battle on the ice in exhibition games and test their luck in both season and rivals-based action. Featuring more than 450 cards in active play, with each card representing one of seven different rarity levels, players may complement their gameplay experience by purchasing individual card packs.
Check out the features and screenshots below:
· EXTENSIVE ROSTER – Explore a lineup of more than 450 current and legendary NHL players, including NHL SuperCard cover athlete Zach Parise alongside Paul Coffey, Doug Gilmour, Brett Hull, Cam Neely, Jacques Plante, Felix Potvin, Luc Robitaille, Jeremy Roenick and Scott Stevens;
· QUICK GAME – Participate in quick battle games and add new players to starting lineups;
· SEASON MODE – Compete against others in week-long NHL season simulations and earn significant rewards;
· RIVALS CLASH EVENTS – Pick a side and join likeminded players to compete against rivals for rewards;
· PLAYER TRAINING – Train player cards in playmaking, stick handling, focus and skating to perform at their maximum potential;
· CARD ENHANCEMENTS – Increase player ratings through acquisition of various enhancement-driven cards.