EA and Dice have finally revealed the DLC plans for Star Wars Battlefront, including what is coming in the Season Pass.
After months of dodging what content players would be getting with the $50 Season Pass, EA and Dice have finally come forward with the details. Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass content will begin rolling out in March, and then continue throughout the year. As previously announced, the content has nothing to do with the Prequel or Sequel Trilogies. Star Wars Battlefront’s focus is squarely focused on the Original Trilogy.
Right now we only have names for the expansions and a brief description of the maps. However, EA would like to remind everyone that each expansion will contain new modes, Heroes, weapons, and more in addition to maps. Here’s the breakdown:
- Star Wars Battlefront: Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront: Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront: Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront: Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – EA will have more details to share about this new expansion pack in the coming months.
Of course, this isn’t all the new content EA and Dice are releasing for Star Wars Battlefront. The team in Stockholm are listening to fan feedback, and will be releasing free content for Battlefront throughout the year. This free content includes new maps for multiplayer and Missions, private matches, new Hero outfits, and more. Players will get their first taste of free content tomorrow:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on the Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
More free content will arrive in February, including a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand new Hoth map for Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point. Dice will also make Turning Point available on the current Hoth, Endor, Sullust, and Tatooine maps. For March, Dice will release a new multiplayer map on Endor that supports Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.
Star Wars Battlefront and its Season Pass are available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.