While we all enjoyed the Active Time Report, Hajime Tabata presented some more information for Final Fantasy XV at Tapei Game Show yesterday. Thanks to Nova Crystallis, we know aside from the information we got from the Active Time Report stream, he presented two new screenshots that weren’t present on stream. One depicted the vehicle Regalia speeding off through a rough landscape and the other was of a young Noctis standing in a forest. Speaking of Young Noctis, he will in fact be the main character in the upcoming free tech demo for the game. Information for the demo will be talked about in full during the March event.
Below is a full list of the information revealed at the Tapei Game Show.
- They’re talking about how Final Fantasy has been important to PlayStation, with FF7 (PS1), FFXIII (PS3) and now XV for PS4.
- When the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo was out, they still had not planned a Chinese version like with FF13.
- Tabata changed his mind after seeing fans at Taipei Game Show last year.
- Tabata reassured fans yet again that the game will be receiving a simultaneous release worldwide.
- Tabata says Final Fantasy XV is more fun than the demo!
- Two new gameplay videos were shown that you can view here.
- You’ll need to buy gas for Noctis’ car otherwise you might end up pushing it like you saw in the video.
- The team’s made it easier to switch weapons, as we learned before.
- The aerial battle system has also been improved.
- No more progress reports since they want to show the final product in the future.
- Tabata says the PS4 helps express things like dynamic magic and realism.
- You won’t be able to steal magitek armor but you can steal weapons.
- Players can have fun destroying the base like you saw in the video.
- Tabata can’t tell us who the dragoon lady is, it’s a secret.
- A screenshot of young Noctis was shown ahead of the March event as they didn’t want to wait until then to present it.
- Young Noctis is the lead character in the free tech demo.