The folks from gematsu have informed us of the spec differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the upcoming Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness. To note is that the game will be running at mostly 60FPS on PlayStation 4 and at 30FPs on PlayStation 3. The game will run at a full 1080p on PS4 while its last gen counterpart will run at a respectable 720p. The PS4 version will be coming to the US sometime in 2016 while the PS3 version will remain a Japanese exclusive.
A full list of the version differences is below:
- Game Contents – The same across both platforms.
- Cross-Save – Not supported.
- Feature Differences – Share features and PS Vita Remote Play supported on PlayStation 4. Not supported on PlayStation 3.
- Frame Rate – 60fps (some parts vary) on PlayStation 4. 30 fps (some parts vary) on PlayStation 3.
- Resolution – 1080p on PlayStation 4. 720p on PlayStation 3.
- Graphics – PS4: finer physics processing, characters, backgrounds, effects, and such, and objects and monsters at a distance are displayed on-screen. PS3: some expressions are reduced and simplified, and objects and monsters at a distance are not displayed on-screen.