Capcom today took another step to alleviate Stweet Fighter V’s problem with “rage quitters” by providing a new swath of penalties.
Rage quitting — which involves a player leaving a multiplayer match in rage, usually when realizing they’re likely to lose — has been a massive problem for Street Fighter V since it launched as the game didn’t have any built-in punishment for doing so. Capcom’s move today though is the most aggressive effort yet to curb rage quitters.
The new rule Capcom introduced, as outlined on the developer’s Unity blog, states that “players who are penalized will lose League Points and be locked out of online matching for a set time.” It’s not clear from the post exactly how much time a player will be locked out for.
The post also gave a preview of upcoming features to be introduced in September, which you can read below:
- VS CPU Option
- Daily Targets
- Daily challenges with Fight Money rewards!
- Fighter Profile Updates!
- Free colors for Season Pass holders
- Colors 3-10 for Default and Battle costumes of the 6 DLC characters
- Premium costumes will now include colors!
- Colors 3-10 of the purchased premium costume
- Color bundles available for purchase via FM or Real Money
- All 22 Characters’ Default & Story Costumes Color Pack 3-10
- And more to be announced!