As you’ve by no doubt heard, Pokémon GO has been a huge success for Nintendo, and it seems like the Pokémon GO craze has spilled over onto Nintendo’s more traditional hardware.
As announced via press release earlier today, the Nintendo 3DS has taken the top spot for best selling console hardware for July 2016, with Capcom’s own Monster Hunter Generations claiming the title of best-selling game for the month overall. Here are a few more sales figures and numbers, taken straight from the press release provided by Nintendo.
- The Nintendo 3DS family of systems sold nearly 80 percent more units this July compared to the same time period a year ago, and finished as the overall best-selling video game system in July. On the software side, Capcom’s Monster Hunter Generations emerged as the best-selling game for any system.
- July sales of the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games for Nintendo 3DS were over 80 percent higher than July 2015. The games launched in November 2014.
- July sales of the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games for Nintendo 3DS were almost 200 percent higher than a year ago. The games launched in October 2013 and finished No. 16 and No. 22 on July’s best-sellers list, respectively.
- Games playable on Nintendo systems claimed five of the top 11 spots on the July best-sellers list. These include Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom at No. 1, Minecraft: Wii U Edition from Microsoft at No. 6, Pokémon Omega Ruby at No. 8, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire at No. 10 and Kirby: Planet Robobot at No. 11.
- The Nintendo 2DS system has crossed the 2 million lifetime sales mark in the U.S.
As is standard, the NPD sales group, which collects data on software and hardware sales in North America, does not report on digital sales.