Here we go, the final boss of Shadow of the Colossus, and he’s a doozy. Of all the other bosses, this is a huge step up, not only in strategy but difficulty as he hits incredibly hard and it’s easy to fall off and lose quite a bit of progress. At the very least, there are no extra weak spots to be had on hard, because this is difficult enough. This is broken into two parts only because the first part is more dodging projectiles while the second part is platforming.
- Run your way to the right and avoid Malus’ explosive shots. You’ll have to be dodging these soon.
- Drop down into the hole and continue forward until you get to your first climable platform.
- Get behind the first wall and time the blast accordingly as you run between the barricades. Malus should be shooting these at a single pace.
- Jump down yet another hole and move forward until you get outside. The rain might impede your vision, so be careful.
- Move across half the ledge, then grab and shimmy your way across the remaining platform, and finally jump across the gap.
- Around the corner, go left into doorway which will lead back up to a new set of barriacdes.
- This part can be a bit tricky because Malus can frequently shoot two shots consecutively, blowing you back down into the pathway below.
- When you get into the hole at the other end, you’re home free to the second part.
- It’s time to climb. Really, you can’t mess up here unless you jump off, so just look around for ledges and go towards the giant creature in the sky.
- When you reach the stomach Malus, swing around to its back to reveal a crack on its back. Give it a stab and his hand will come back.
- Jump onto the hand and this is where things get a little tricky. Try to climb your way onto the side of the hand, nearest to the pinky as Malus will rotate it so you’re able to walk on it.
- Run up Malus’ wrist and jump onto his bicep.
- Stab the crack and Malus’ right hand will cover you.
- Jump backwards and grab onto the palm of the hand. You will need to maneuver your way onto the wrist, specifically aligned with the back of his hand.
- You will be given a brief window, but when Malus brings his hand up closest to his face, you will be able to stand up. Alternatively, you can stab Malus’ right hand and it will give you a better opportunity.
- Be sure to have your bow equipped and shoot his left shoulder.
- Malus will bring his hand up to see to his wound. Jump across and then stab that crack on his left shoulder.
- Malus will bring his head down, giving you an opportunity to get up there easily.
- Stab his head a number of times and you have successfully taken down arguably the most difficult boss in the game.
- You’ve essentially completed the game. Enjoy the ending!
|Lower Back||Moves Left Hand to You|
|Left Bicep||Moves Right Hand to You|
|Left Shoulder||Moves Right Hand to Shoulder|
|Top of Head||100%|
Time Attack Goals