Like Sonic himself, time can move at incomprehensible speeds sometimes. It’s already been thirty years since the original Sonic the Hedgehog wowed Sega fans, and Sega is celebrating the occasion with all manner of special Sonic gear. Sega announced today that they’ll be partnering with several companies to bring fans everything from Sonic-themed apparel to books and even drinks. Some notable products include:
- Sonic Encyclo-speed-ia — Dark Horse Comics will be publishing a full-color, hardcover historical retrospective encyclopedia that should provide fans with all the information they ever wanted to know about Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Pop! Vinyl Figures — Funko Pop! fans can look forward to new “Pops!,” including Classic Sonic, Tails and Silver among others.
- Toys — Jakks Pacific, Inc. will be producing a number of action and plush toys for the occasion.
- Jewelry — King Ice has created an official Sonic jewelry collection for those who’d like a nice Sonic-themed ring or necklace.
- Apparel — Sonic fans can look forward to a new line of Sonic the Hedgehog shirts and other apparel from Graph Gaming.
- A Sonic Comic Book Miniseries— IDW Publishing will be releasing their first Classic Sonic adventure book as a special edition. Additionally, they will soon launch a new mini-series featuring everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog.
- Enamel Pins — FiGPiN Inc. is bringing fans a new line of Sonic the Hedgehog FiGPiNs starting this winter.
- Sonic Energy Drinks — G Fuel has already released a “peach rings” flavored Sonic The Hedgehog drink, but fans can get a special 30th anniversary collector’s box of it starting in 2021.
No mention has been made about any game reveals for the Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary, but Sega will apparently be making more announcements in the coming months.