2K Games and developer Hangar 13 have revealed their post-release content plan for Mafia III.
Mafia III launches in about a month on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Hangar 13 has promised that the world of New Bordeaux will be huge with plenty of content to keep players on Mafia III for numerous hours. However, like all games, the content will come to an end, which is why the developer is working hard to extend the experience through free and paid content.
In terms of free content, Hangar 13 is dedicated to deliver free new features and content after the game launches. Here’s what they have planned so far:
- All new character outfits
- Weapons – Get access to the Judge, Jury, and Executioner golden weapons pack 30 days after launch
- More vehicle customization
- Races – Earn money, new customization options, and other awesome rewards
As for the paid content, Hangar 13 has confirmed that they are beginning to develop the new story expansions. Each expansion will be a wholly separate experience from the main game that will reveal more about Lincoln Clay’s time in New Bordeaux. Alongside the new story and characters, each expansion pack will offer new activities, vehicles, weapons, outfits, and races to play around with. Here’s a sneek peak at the upcoming content:
- Faster, Baby! – Fast cars, dramatic chases, and stunt driving take center stage as Lincoln joins forces with his former flame, Roxy Laveau, to take down a corrupt Sheriff terrorizing Civil Rights activists on the outskirts of New Bordeaux.
- Sign of the Times – A string of ritualistic killings has New Bordeaux on the edge of terror. At Father James’ request, Lincoln agrees to hunt down the cult responsible, a quest that will take him from the dark heart of the old bayou to the drug-ridden counterculture of the inner city.
- Stones Unturned – When a merciless rival resurfaces in New Bordeaux, Lincoln must join forces with CIA agent John Donovan to settle a blood feud that began in the war-torn jungles of Vietnam.
You can purchase each expansion pack separately or as part of the $29.99 Season Pass. There’s also the $79.99 Deluxe Edition that includes the Season Pass. Purchased separately, the expansion packs total about $40.
Mafia III is out October 7 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.