Sony has just issue a statement from the July NPD report. In it, they’ve stated the following:
- PlayStation 4 was #1 in sales for the seventh consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.
- PlayStation 4 led the month for next generation software sales by a considerable margin, with The Last of Us Remastered taking the #1 spot.
- PlayStation 4 games accounted for more than half of total next generation software sales.
- For the second consecutive month, PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3).
Other notable global PlayStation 4 sales milestones from this week:
- PlayStation 4 sales have surpassed 10 million units sold through to consumers worldwide, demonstrating the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
- More than 30 million copies of PS4 software have been sold in retail stores globally and through digital downloads on PS Store.
With the release of one of the most anticipated PS4 games of the year — The Last of Us: Remastered — the results are certainly not surprising. Amazing, however, is the fact that The Last of Us: Remastered came out on July 29 — with just three days left in the month — and still managed to take the top spot for all of July.