Warner Bros. Games and Turtle Rock Studios today dropped details about the eight playable characters in Back 4 Blood.
Dubbed ‘The Cleaners,’ this ragtag group of characters compose the eight playable characters in Back 4 Blood. A four-player co-op shooter, players take control of one of the eight characters as they attempt to survive, complete objectives and eliminate the Ridden, Back 4 Blood’s take on zombies. Each character has a unique background, characteristics and in-game abilities that aid in your battle against the Ridden. You’ll need those abilities to with the kinds of enemies Turtle Rock Studios has developed. Beastly Breakers, grotesque Ogres, Snitchers and Hags are just a few of the Ridden players will come across in Back 4 Blood.
Here’s a quick rundown of the eight playable characters:
- Holly – Armed with her trusty nail spiked baseball bat she affectionately calls “Dottie,” Holly’s resilience and never-say-die attitude helps boost the team’s morale and is often seen as a ray of light in the darkness of the apocalypse.
- Walker – The former Army Ranger and war-torn veteran is highly skilled with a wealth of front-line combat experience.
- Doc – Though her bedside manner can take some getting used too, no one denies she’s one hell of a doctor and a mean shot to boot.
- Karlee – With the Ridden on the rise, she’s made the choice to fight alongside the survivors. She may not be a Cleaner by name, but she more than makes up for it in attitude.
- Jim – From an early age, he would head out into the countryside with his father, hunting and trapping with the best of them. When not fighting back-to-back with his team, he’s scouring the countryside of his beloved Pennsylvania routing out the Ridden infestation.
- Hoffman – Howard Robert Hoffman is genuinely skilled and good hearted, with an earnest desire to be a useful part of the team. As part of the Cleaners, he’s finally come across the family that he’s always wanted – he just had to wade through the zombie apocalypse to find it.
- Evangelo – He may be the youngest and least experienced Cleaner on the team but has proven to be a quick study. He tends to talk a lot, especially when he’s nervous, but is eager to show that he has what it takes to be a Cleaner.
- Mom – Although she has faith in her Cleaners, Mom has questioned other leaders’ strategies on more than one occasion, especially since the death of her son. Mom’s goal is simple, make the Ridden pay.
Back 4 Blood launches October 12 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, PS4 and Xbox One.