The PlayStation E3 2015 Experience is Coming to a Theatre Near You

Sony is once again bringing the PlayStation E3 experience to a theatre near you. Sony will stream its press conference in over 75 movie theatres across the United States, and 3 cities in Canada.

This is the second year in a row that Sony has brought its press conference to the big screen. Geoff Keighley will host this year’s event, which will include an exclusive 30-minute in-theater post show featuring extended footage and interviews with the developers.

“You and fellow members of the PlayStation community will get to see the full PlayStation E3 press conference in HD on the big screen, plus there are special bonuses for those who come out to the theater experience,”  writes host Geoff Keighley. “I’ll be hosting an exclusive 30-minute in-theater post show with extended footage and interviews with developers, and everyone who attends will take home a PlayStation surprise, which will consist of PlayStation goods and digital codes we can’t disclose yet.”

Tickets will be free, and Sony is doing their best to make sure acquiring them is done fairly. You can get tickets starting May 27 at 9am PT, and you’ll want to grab them fast or be left in the dust. 80% of the theatre capacity will be reserved for ticket holders. The remaining 20% will be saved for those on the wait list on a first-come, first-served basis. Entrants will need to be at least 17 years old. Those in attendance will get a special PlayStation surprise.

Sony will host their E3 press conference on June 15 at 6pm PT/9pm ET. The company is widely expected to show off Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Sony Bend’s unannounced PS4 game and a AAA exclusive game that will launch this holiday.

Leave a Reply